Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Motto

23rd August --Thought 4 the Week:
I thought I would share with you a verse I have pinned on my wall by my bed. I see it every morning & every night and it is like a motto that guides my life. It is 1 Corinthians 15:33 -34 and in the Contemporary English Version it says: “Don't fool yourselves. Bad friends will destroy you. Be sensible and stop sinning. You should be embarrassed that some people still don't know about God.” I find it a good verse to remind me of three things in life that I need God’s perspective on. The first part of the verse reminds me about relationships and how influential my friends are. The second part of the verse talks about my behavior and how I should aim to live a life pleasing to God, and the last part of the verse reminds me of my mission here on earth – to tell others about God. Why not write this verse (or another one that you have chosen) out and pin it by your bed to remind you to look at life from God’s perspective each day.

No comments: