Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Married to Christ

30th August--Thought 4 the Week:
Two verses have caught my attention this week. The first one is found in Matthew 5: 6 which says “Blessed are those that hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.” I don’t know about you, but when I watch the news or notice things in our society that indicate that God’s righteousness isn’t being upheld, I feel hurt and sad. I long for the day when things are “right” the way God made them. It also makes you ask the question, “Is that always what I hunger and thirst for?” Will this Sat night when we watch the rugby be something that you wont miss, but when it comes to next Friday night & BURN will you think twice about going if you are tired or cant be bothered?
The second verse is found in Revelation 19:7 and it talks about Jesus coming to receive his bride (those who are Christians) “who has made herself ready.” I hadn’t really thought of this before, but do you realize it is our job to make ourselves ready for Christ’s return? When we got married, I spent hours in preparation to make myself ready for the big day. What are we doing to make ourselves ready to “marry” Christ? Can I encourage you to start by making things like BURN and our weekly bible study a priority in your life. Organize your time, so that you won’t be caught out not ready when your life on earth here is over.

No comments: