Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Good things take time

6th September --Thought 4 the Week:
We have been learning in 40 days that growing to be like Jesus doesn’t happen overnight (but it does happen!). The words that come to mind when I think of this is “patience my child.” I am not a very patient person, I love to get stuff done NOW. You see when God promised the children of Israel a land flowing with milk & honey (hmm yum!) it took about 40 years to get there. But along the way they learnt some important lessons that wouldn’t have happened if they had been tele-ported straight there. Someone once said, “Bad stuff happens to everyone – successful people deal with it.” Can I encourage you this week to not give up, but ask God what you can learn about Him & to help you on your journey to His promised land. Check out Philippians 1:6 -- it’s a great verse.

No comments: