Sunday, July 15, 2007

Chosen

"You did not choose me. I chose you and sent you out to produce fruit, the kind of fruit that will last. Then my Father will give you whatever you ask for in my name." John 15:16
Today was our last day at church & this verse is what will be my anchor for the coming years. The example that was given is as though God was talking to us at halftime -- team talk & that He is saying that we are chosen for His side, not that we chose to join his team. He gave us the invitation to play for Him & I have accepted. Like a marraige promise, He promised to love us, & I have reciprocated that inviation by accepting His ring & promising the same back. It means that as I choose to play on His side, I also choose to accept the terms & conditions -- that I play by His rules & not make up my own 'Jesus' who fits my lifestyle. God has always been looking for people to join his team, to call His own.
The second part of the verse was really revelational too. I understand it best in sports terms. After the team talk & knowing that I have been chosen -- that I have made the team, I now need to get out on the pitch & play my hardest. We are being sent out to go & play & play hard.
This was so pertinent & spoke to me especially today, as I have so enjoyed my cricket in the past 2-3 months. I have rejoiced & felt accepted & part of the team on the weeks I have got the email & found I have made the team. I turn up to training each week, I learn new things, & I practice what I know. I play on the team, still making mistakes but knowing that I have been given the skills, ability & strength to compete. I will always be able to learn more, get better & work better on the team.
I am excited about my part in the team, my job to plant, water & produce fruit that will last. That is why I am here, that is why I have been chosen for God's team.
I want to buy a ring, & engrave "CHOSEN" on it & wear it on my right hand to symbolise this awesome revelation & remind me constantly my position & to keep on playing!
GO GOD'S TEAM!

No comments: